Donna and our Volvo on a shopping trip.
For years I have been pondering traveling with a toyhauler. That interest increased last year when I found out about using an HDT (heavy duty truck...Class 8) to pull the toyhauler. This past fall on our Niagra Falls motorcycle trip we decided to make it happen. It would have been nice to spend more time in the places we traveled through. We'll start with the truck and eventually get a large toyhauler.
Drom box - the story of my drom box
- Aluminum polish
Volvo 780 - getting the truck
- DriDeck compartment tiles
- Air-related filter replacement
Things I've had to repair
- Sensor replacement - replace sensors than have came in contact with soot.
- Fairing bushing replacement
- Chrome hub covers - a little bling
- Fairing bracket repair
- 'Bird perch' antenna mount
- Domelight mod
- TV/FM external antenna
- Analog voltage gauge
- Additional power point
- Switch relocations
- Kisae Abso 2000-watt inverter/charger
- Retitle HDT as an RV in Indiana
- Alternator wiring
- Replace a maplight
- Jake brake switch
- Antenna mount assembled incorrectly
- ShowHauler Conversions
- RV Haulers - they convert Class 8 tractors to RV haulers. Check out the videos on their site.
- Escapees HDT truck forum
- Jack Mayer's HDT/RV website
- Mark Bruss's HDT/RV website
- Heavy Haulers Resource Guide - Information for HDT conversions
- Weekend Warrior toy haulers
- Grand Design toy haulers